Monday, November 15, 2010

World of Jenks and V.V. Brown.

For those of you looking for something useful, inventive and unique to watch on television I highly suggest watching the show World of Jenks on MTV. Finally a show with class and some of the best stories of human triumph that you will hear. Jenk's recently stayed with a musical artist named V.V. Brown. I must admit that before the episode i had no idea who she was. She is a british artists trying to make it in the USA. The first time she tried was 6 years ago and she failed. But the way she failed was typical music industry. They tried to take her sound away from her, and tried to sell her out. Her second time around she did something that many popular artist struggle to do, stick to their style. I have gained so much respect for V.V. Brown, she is exactly what I like to see in a musical artist. I checked out her album and the album is solid, one song does stick out, Shark in the Water. Whether or not she makes it in the states, I will always respect this artist because she makes music the way its supposed to be. She doesnt throw a overused repetitive beat behind her vocals. She doesn't autotune herself. She doesn't sing about sex and drugs. She sings with passion and she puts it out there by saying "here America, love my music or hate it, I'm not changing what I believe in." Its so nice to hear this...for once.
 

3 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how happy I am that you started writing about music :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got her Shark in the Water song for free from itunes a while back and my current "plays" status say 276...lol. Apparently I enjoyed her song, but I haven't really looked into the rest of her music

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, its interesting stuff, nothing that really stuck with me, she has a bright future though I think.

    ReplyDelete