Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tops of 2010.

Since this year is coming to a close, I thought of no better way to finish than with a top ten countdown every tuesday until the year is over. More of my personal favorites than anything. My ten favorite songs, albums and my top 5 concerts of 2010. This week, my favorite ten songs of 2010.

10. Christmas Lights- Coldplay
While its a song that remains relevant for only one month of the year. Its one that will be played every christmas. Just an amazing christmas song, with an amazing Coldplay sound, what more could you ask for?

9. Panoramic- Atticus Ross
This song, is absolutely brilliant. While you get no lyrics, you have a beautiful sound. The Book of Eli was one of my favorite movies this year, and of all time for that matter. This song takes me away, and also has somewhat of a more personal meaning to me. Atticus Ross hit it right on the head here.

8. Loving Wings- Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds
This song was destined to be one of my favorites from the start, simply because of the two gentleman playing it. While it never really takes off instrumentally, it gives you the chance to hear Dave Matthews. Such a calm song, just sit back and take a listen to this one.

7. Radioactive- Kings of Leon
Kings of Leon is just amazing at what they do. The bring back a classic rock sound, and make it so modern. This song is fast and moves very well with a great sound, not to mention a great lyrical performance by lead singer Caleb Followill (which always seems to be the case).

6. Runaway- Kanye West & Pusha T.
I finally found a true liking of Kanye West. I heard this song at the VMA's and I was hooked. Such a provocative song. The drum's in the back are just tremendous, and the vocoder feature at the end is fun and unique. And what a shock folks, there is no Auto tune in a rap song.

5. Need You Now- Lady Antebellum
While songs that play constantly on the radio normally have no creativity or thoughtful lyrics, this one sure does. Two great vocalists, just singing about love. I can't help but stop and sing along every time I hear this one.

4. Miracles- Norwegian Recycling
As an aspiring DJ, I have a huge passion for creative, dance like music. This song is so unique and creative, that its hard for words to describe. Its a song with about 15 songs in it, and he made a mash up that is actually very easy to sing along with. And the chorus, has that one guy in it, o yeah Michael Jackson.

3. Call Your Girlfriend- Robyn
Just discovered this song, but man is it just amazing. Robyn will not be in the dark for much longer, she is going to be discovered here and its just a matter of time. Just an amazing performance vocally, with a great dance beat in the background.

2. Good for Great- Matt and Kim
Its amazing how the songs that I love the most, normally at first I have a tough time liking them. This one grew on me very fast. I must admit I have never really got into Matt and Kim's music, but this song definitely makes me want to. A synth that hooks you in and great lyrics, couldn't ask for more.

1. Sofi Needs a Ladder- Deadmau5
Such an amazing dance song. A lyric performance thats in your face and fun. One of the most amazing beat's you will ever hear. Put this one on a big system, then your going to have to move. Also an amazing song to see live. Just an incredible song.

No comments:

Post a Comment