Monday, January 31, 2011

Boyce Avenue.

Must first admit that I didn't discover these guys by myself, but a very good friend turned me on to them. At first glance I just saw an artist who just kind of sang everyone else's stuff and it was somewhat of a bummer. But as I listened I couldn't but absolutely fall in a love with a pure talent. This voice is nothing short of absolutely amazing, and he shows you that those generic radio songs with the catchy hooks, can become wonderful when put in the right hands. So to give you a taste of the genius I thought I would give you two videos. One is very daring in covering the amazing Michael Jackson, and the other is a cover of Tracy Chapman Fast Car. Enjoy...



3 comments:

  1. What was that video that you showed Sean and I? The dj touch pad crazy computer thing a ma jig? You need to post that! That was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaron, we are road tripping to see Boyce Avenue because they are AWESOMEEE! Love sharing my new band obsessions with you:)

    <3 your very good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That guy has some pipes. And although his rendition of "Fast Car" isn't much different from the original, it's a good cover. Makes me think of that cover of Don Henley's "Boys of Summer"... I think it was The Ataris?

    Anyway, props on a cool blog.

    ReplyDelete