Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Matchbox 20.

It was less than two years ago that I started to really dive into Rob Thomas as a solo artist. As I researched his career and his influences I was able to make the very obvious connection between him and Matchbox Twenty. The fact that he was indeed the lead singer. So i said, why not give them more of a shot, there kind of mainstream like, but after listening to them a year or so ago, they absolutely belong. They are nothing short of amazing, lyrics are absolutely top notch with a deepness and thought. One song stuck out, 3 am. While catchy, when you dummy it down and listen to the lyrics you see a loving son showing his care for his mother and her cancer diagnosis. Not that I am in a somber mood, or anything truly disheartening has happened to me recently, I couldn't helped but be touched by this version of the song. What he says in the beginning is very powerful, so get lost in this one guys...its really amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment